Nun Run (3)

Another true Nun Run:



...Instead of heading for the sunny beaches of Florida or visiting an amusement park, six girls from St. Patrick and St. Joan of Arc parishes here spent their spring break on a “Nun Run.”

From April 5 to April 11, the girls and two chaperones visited five religious orders in three states.

“On the trip, there was a general excitement radiating from all the girls, but especially from Alexa,” she said. “She just couldn’t stop smiling because she was so happy to be visiting all those places.”

After the trip, her daughter, Arika, said she also felt the calling to religious life.

“It made me feel closer to God visiting the different orders,” Arika said. “I felt the calling while I was there and I still feel that way. I would really love to go on another ‘Nun Run’ next year.”

(source: an article on “The Catholic Moment” newspaper, in the section “Diocese of Lafayette”; text and photo found on the web)